- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in September
- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
The PayPal Prepaid MasterCard issued by NetSpend is a prepaid debit card that offers some nifty benefits for frequent users of PayPal.
- Free direct deposit. Cardholders get free direct deposits so that paychecks and government benefits can be deposited directly without any fees.
- Transfer money instantly between your PayPal account and debit card.
- Get mobile account alerts. Cardholders can get mobile alerts on their cellphone via text message or mobile app.
- Optional high-interest savings account. Cardholders can open an optional savings account that currently offers a 5 percent APY for balances up to $5,000.
- Cash-back rewards from select stores. Cardholders can earn cash-back rewards from select stores, restaurants and more.
- No credit check, overdraft fees or interest charges. Enough said.
- Monthly fee. The card charges a monthly fee of up to $4.95.
Get it if: You want a prepaid debit card that’s accepted everywhere a credit card is accepted, and you’re a frequent PayPal user.
Forget it if: You would rather use a credit card than a prepaid debit card, or if you’re not a frequent PayPal user.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.