The recommendations are from wine connoisseurs, or were chosen based on well-respected wine review sites.
Entertaining expenses can add up over the course of the holidays, whether you’re a host or a guest bringing a hostess gift.
To help you stay on budget, GOBankingRates has identified top wines across seven categories that cost less than $20.
The recommendations are from wine connoisseurs or were chosen based on well-respected wine review sites. Most importantly, they enable you to entertain “on the cheap without compromising on value,” as GOBankingRates puts it.
All of these wines can be purchased online as well as at most liquor stores and wine shops.
The prices listed are from Wine.com, just to give you an idea of each bottle’s price range, and are current as of Wednesday morning.
The No. 1 picks in each of the seven categories are:
- Pinot gris: Elk Cove Pinot Gris 2015 ($17.99)
- Other whites: Dog Point Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc 2015 ($19.99)
- Zinfandels: Seghesio Sonoma Zinfandel 2014 — half bottle ($17.99, currently on sale for $15.99)
- Red blends: Brassfield Eruption Red Blend 2013 ($18.99)
- Other reds: Thistledown Thorny Devil 2013 ($19.99)
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Columbia Crest Grand Estates Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 ($12, currently on sale for $10.99)
- Dessert wines: Pacific Rim Framboise ($16.99)
For more ways to save on alcohol, check out “5 Smart Ways to Save on Wine, Beer and Spirits.”
What’s your favorite wine for entertaining over the holidays? Let us know by commenting below or over on our Facebook page.