Credit cards offer many conveniences and protections, but there are times when it’s best to keep the plastic tucked away. Here are 10 such scenarios.
Author Archives: Allison Martin
In a tough job market, a resume can help you stand out. Here are a dozen ways to get and hold a hiring manager’s attention.
Are you being stalked behind the wheel? Here’s how to tell — and what to do about it.
Did a rejected credit card leave you stranded at the point of sale? Knowing why this happens can help you avoid such mishaps in the future.
With a little patience and effort, you can repair your credit without paying for the assistance of a credit repair company.
You’re ready to purchase a new car, but there’s one problem: How to get the best price for your old vehicle.
Thinking about jumping ship for a new job opportunity? Here are three reasons why that may be a good idea — and a few potential drawbacks of such a strategy.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?