While some ceilings are interesting to ponder, many Americans aren’t interested in thinking about our nation’s debt ceiling. Here’s why they should.
Author Archives: LowCards.com
The Penn State Alumni Association received nearly $5 million last year from banks issuing affiliated credit cards. But nationwide, the numbers are nothing to cheer about.
Credit card companies are once again trolling for new card customers. Their favorite bait? Rewards like airline miles. But if you want to land a great rewards card, show up with great credit.
There’s only one more vote separating banks from much lower debit card fees. If it happens, it’s certain that retailers win and banks lose. But what about consumers?
More than one in five Americans have turned to alternative lenders like payday loans, pawn shops, or advances on payday loans during the past five years. And two in five have paid substantial interest, fees, or both due to bad borrowing habits.
There’s been a lot of negative news about the economy lately. But here’s some good news: More consumers are able to pay their bills.
If you’re a recent grad or know someone who is, here’s a checklist that will help start life on the right financial foot.
- Lawmakers Move to Improve Benefits of College Savings Plans
- 1 in 5 Americans Plan to Work Till They Die
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014