While some ceilings are interesting to ponder, many Americans aren’t interested in thinking about our nation’s debt ceiling. Here’s why they should.
Author Archives: LowCards.com
The Penn State Alumni Association received nearly $5 million last year from banks issuing affiliated credit cards. But nationwide, the numbers are nothing to cheer about.
Credit card companies are once again trolling for new card customers. Their favorite bait? Rewards like airline miles. But if you want to land a great rewards card, show up with great credit.
There’s only one more vote separating banks from much lower debit card fees. If it happens, it’s certain that retailers win and banks lose. But what about consumers?
More than one in five Americans have turned to alternative lenders like payday loans, pawn shops, or advances on payday loans during the past five years. And two in five have paid substantial interest, fees, or both due to bad borrowing habits.
There’s been a lot of negative news about the economy lately. But here’s some good news: More consumers are able to pay their bills.
If you’re a recent grad or know someone who is, here’s a checklist that will help start life on the right financial foot.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?