Social Security is a simple concept, but the execution can be complicated. One example is the Windfall Elimination Provision. Does it apply to you?
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This week you’ll discover some quick tips to improve your finances, must-have disaster apps, why you should shrink the number of bank accounts you have, whether you should buy a house with a friend, and questions to ask at job interviews.
Lending to family and friends has been going on since the first money was minted. Is it a good idea? That depends on who’s doing the borrowing and who’s doing the lending.
This week you’ll learn how to: become a millionaire, save on meat, improve your conversational skills, save on cellphone plans, and know when interest rates will head higher.
A reader’s son earned a master’s degree in business, but hasn’t found a job after more than two years of looking. The parents think the problem is a lack of experience. I think it’s something else.
This week: how to start a home business, biggest job mistakes, buying and selling on Craigslist, vacation home exchanges, and why credit cards aren’t competitive.
Two weeks ago we announced a contest to determine the worst Mother’s Day gift you’ve ever given or received. Here’s what you said.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?