- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Weapon Designed to Kill Off Phone Theft Proves Lethal
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
Traditional travel agents are a dying breed, and yet Americans are increasingly turning to travel agencies to book their tickets and to make reservations. How is this possible?
People are using online travel portals, which are basically just highly automated travel agents. These sites, such as Expedia and Travelocity, trade the hands-on service of a traditional travel agency for rock-bottom prices possible through automation and volume. Unfortunately, these low prices can come at a cost. When a trip is booked on an online portal, there are several issues that can arise.
Here are five problems that users of online travel agencies can face, and some tips on fixing them or avoiding them in the first place…