- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
You’ve seen the ads: credit counseling companies say they can help by getting your payments and interest rates lowered. Others claim they can get your debts wiped out entirely by settling them for pennies on the dollar. Money reporter Stacy Johnson takes an inside look at these companies.