- Best Things to Buy in May — and What to Avoid
- 5 Off-the-Radar Travel Destinations
- How to Ward Off Ticks and 5 Other Threats to Summer Fun
- 2 Words Companies Use to Hide Age Discrimination
- Secret Cell Plans: Savings Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint Don’t Want You to Know About
- 8 Superfoods That Dramatically Boost Health
If you’ve ever thought about ways to “Go Green”, maybe you should starting thinking about the way you travel. Eco-Hotels are a new breed of lodging that promise to house travelers in environmentally friendly ways. They ask guests to skip sheet changes and re-use towels… so no one’s pitching these hotels as the end all solution to the world’s environmental problems, but combine evo-hotels with other green practices and suddenly things don’t look so bad.
Hotels worldwide are adopting green policies, but they may be hard to find. Fortunately, there are some great resources at your disposal for the eco-friendly hunt. The Dosoto (featured in our story) can be found online at www.thedesoto.com. The Green Hotels Association also maintains an online list of it’s member hotels as does EnvironmentallyFriendlyHotels.com. Or, you can always use my favorite tool…. Google!