- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- Beating the Clock: 6 Tips for Getting Value From a Face-Lift
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
- 8 Air Conditioner Parts You Can’t Afford to Neglect
If you’ve ever thought about ways to “Go Green”, maybe you should starting thinking about the way you travel. Eco-Hotels are a new breed of lodging that promise to house travelers in environmentally friendly ways. They ask guests to skip sheet changes and re-use towels… so no one’s pitching these hotels as the end all solution to the world’s environmental problems, but combine evo-hotels with other green practices and suddenly things don’t look so bad.
Hotels worldwide are adopting green policies, but they may be hard to find. Fortunately, there are some great resources at your disposal for the eco-friendly hunt. The Dosoto (featured in our story) can be found online at www.thedesoto.com. The Green Hotels Association also maintains an online list of it’s member hotels as does EnvironmentallyFriendlyHotels.com. Or, you can always use my favorite tool…. Google!