- 7 Keys to Dodging Deadly Bacteria That Lurk in Your Food
- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- Beating the Clock: 6 Tips for Getting Value From a Face-Lift
- Top 25 Companies With the Most Work-From-Home Jobs
- Study Proves That Retirement Years (Eventually) Are Golden
- Post Office to Email ‘Sneak Peek’ at Mail Before It Arrives
If you’re behind on your mortgage, you’ve got options. One of those options is trying to get your lender to help you by doing any number of things: changing the rate on your mortgage, the terms… even the amount. Your ability to help yourself, however, depends on your ability to negotiate! So, negotiation is key to getting the best help when you need it most. We went to a mortgage expert who counsels others to find out just what he had to say.
The most important piece of advice: Know what you want and know how to ask for it. This is critical in every kind of negotiation, but especially important when shopping for a mortgage. Simply knowing what you’re looking for can make you seem like a better potential home owner; someone who is responsible enough to have done their own research is someone responsible enough to make monthly payments on time. So, if you know what you want, you’re much more likely to get it.