- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- The ABCs of Selecting a Medicare Supplement Plan
This post comes from Logan Abbott, editor of the credit cards section of MyRatePlan.com.
Barclaycard is known for its excellent travel rewards credit cards. The Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard is among them.
- Large first purchase bonus. New cardholders now earn 20,000 award miles just by making one purchase with the card.
- 30,000 award mile bonus. New cardholders now earn an additional 30,000 award miles when they spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months they have the card. Those 30,000 award miles combined with the 20,000 first purchase bonus can be enough for a transatlantic flight.
- Earn award miles on purchases. Cardholders earn 2 miles for each dollar spent on airfare and travel and 1 mile for each dollar spent on anything else.
- Zero-percent introductory APR period. The card offers a 0 percent introductory APR on both purchases and balance transfers for 12 billing cycles. After this period is up, the variable APR of between 15.99 percent and 24.99 percent applies.
- Annual fee. There is an annual fee of $79 to use the card.
- Balance transfer fee. Although the card offers a solid 0 percent APR introductory period on balance transfers, it charges a 4 percent balance transfer fee on the amount of the transferred balance. This fee is higher than the standard 3 percent balance transfer fee you find on most cards.
Get it if: You have excellent credit and want to take advantage of an excellent travel rewards program.
Forget it if: Your credit isn’t great, or you don’t travel much.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.