Read These Next
If you’re a frequent traveler and like to use Travelocity to book your hotels, flights and vacation packages, then this joint card from Barclaycard and American Express might be the card for you.
- Quick 5,000 bonus points. Cardholders receive 5,000 bonus points after making just one purchase.
- Quick additional 5,000 bonus points. Cardholders earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after they make $1,000 in purchases in the first three months they have the card.
- Earn three points per dollar on Travelocity purchases. Cardholders earn three points per dollar spent on purchases at Travelocity.com, including hotels, flights and vacation packages.
- Earn one point per dollar spent on all other purchases. Cardholders earn one point for each dollar spent on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed as statement credits.
- No annual fee. There’s no annual fee to use the card.
- No introductory offers. The card doesn’t offer a 0 percent introductory APR period on balance transfers or purchases. This isn’t a huge deal if you pay your balance off each month.
- Travelocity-only focus. If you’re not a big Travelocity customer, the points aren’t as generous as you can find with another card.
- Foreign transaction fee. You would think that a travel credit card wouldn’t have a foreign transaction fee, but this one does. It’s 3 percent.
Get it if: You have excellent credit and book a lot of travel accommodations and flights through Travelocity.
Forget it if: You don’t have excellent credit and you don’t use Travelocity.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.