- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
We’ve all been there… Consumer Complaint Land; a product or service we paid for wasn’t delivered or didn’t perform as promised. And while it may be tempting to use that opportunity to contact a customer service rep to blow off a little steam, it probably wont help you get what you want. Successful complaining is more of an art than a science, but we’ve compiled a short list of simple tips for consumer complaints that should help you get what you want with a little less hassle, frustration, and time.
Satisfaction Services, a company that specialize in customer service evaluations (finding a company’s service weakness and fixing the problem), helped us compile this list of 4 simple tips to aid you in successfully complaining.
- Know what you want – If you’re certain about the specific kind of restitution you’re looking for, ask for it specifically. Want a refund? Ask for one. Want a free month’s cable? Ask for that.
- Be polite and professional – The more courteous you can be, the more likely the customer service rep you’re speaking with will want to help you.
- Document everything – Keeping a paper trail is crucial to keep track of what you complained about, the response you got, and anything the company may have offered you.
- Be persistent – Many companies bank on complainers simply going away, not finishing the phone call, not waiting on hold for 2 hours. So… beat them at their own game. Be persistent, until you get what you want.