Consumer Reports has a bunch of ideas to keep your phone running better…
1. Weak signals kill your battery.
2. Smart phones need a fresh (re)start.
3. Smart phones get slower with age.
4. Video kills your data allowance.
5. Skip screen protectors.
6. A weak case for cases.
7. Phone camera zoom lenses really aren’t.
8. Think twice about insurance and extended warranties.
9. Prepaid carriers are great place for smart phones.
10. Haggling works.
Most of these are self-explanatory, but if you need details on these strategies, check out the link.