- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
- Tons of Simple Hacks for Stuff You Do Every Day
- Best and Worst US States for Credit
- Most US Families Aren’t Mired in Credit Card Debt
- More US Seniors Are Struggling With Student Loan Debt
- 8 Reasons Your Parents Had an Easier Retirement Than You Will
- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
If you’re behind on your mortgage, you’ve got options. One of those options is trying to get your lender to help you by doing any number of things: changing the rate on your mortgage, the terms… even the amount. Your ability to help yourself, however, depends on your ability to negotiate! So, negotiation is key to getting the best help when you need it most. We went to a mortgage expert who counsels others to find out just what he had to say.
The most important piece of advice: Know what you want and know how to ask for it. This is critical in every kind of negotiation, but especially important when shopping for a mortgage. Simply knowing what you’re looking for can make you seem like a better potential home owner; someone who is responsible enough to have done their own research is someone responsible enough to make monthly payments on time. So, if you know what you want, you’re much more likely to get it.