- Ask Stacy: How Can I Know I’ll Have Enough to Retire?
- 8 Ways to Pay Less for Baby-Sitting
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Tons of Simple Hacks for Stuff You Do Every Day
- Fewer Americans Have Retirement Accounts, New Study Says
Americans are living longer, healthier lives… and retirement ain’t what it used to be! In fact, many so-called seniors consider retirement an exciting opportunity to launch a new career. Simply put, successfully making money in retirement is about finding a labor of love.
Doing something that makes you happy is the most important thing, especially if you’re considering starting a new business; follow your passion. But make sure that, before choosing a job in retirement, you evaluate your health and lifestyle. If you love mountain climbing, but lately, have enough trouble stair climbing, leading tours to the top of Everest might be stretching it.
And DON’T BREAK THE BANK. Start small… don’t risk jeopardizing your entire nest egg; the consequences just aren’t worth it. If you need help getting started, and we definitely suggest you find some (a little help goes a long way), check out resources online like the Small Business Association’s SCORE program, which will pair you up with a volunteer business mentor.