- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- 5 Reasons the Other Driver’s Insurance Won’t Pay
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- 10 Reports Your Car Insurance Company Pulls About You
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
10. Put together a roadside emergency kit
Since all problems seem to be unexpected, the way to keep from having one is to plan for it. Put the following stuff in your trunk.
- Screwdrivers and wrenches of various sizes
- Jumper cables
- A quart of two of oil
- A can of “Fix-a-Flat”
- Water for the radiator and yourself
- Emergency flares and reflectors
- Rags and/or a roll of paper towels
- Brakes: What to Watch For – Midas
- How do I know when my car really needs a brake job? – Yahoo! Autos
- How often should I replace my air filter? – Yahoo! Autos
- How to Inspect Belts and Hoses – Consumer Reports
- NAPA Know How: Wiper Blades – National Automotive Parts Association