- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Oct. 24
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- Today’s Deals: Thursday, Oct. 23
I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless, but a handful offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize for you here.
The best deals I’ve seen this week have been daily deals and flash sales that weren’t announced in advance. If you’re still not done with your Christmas shopping, you may want to try your luck and wait to see if next week brings better deals. Either way, check out 6 Quick Tips for Last-Minute Shoppers for help squeezing the most savings out of what holiday deals remain.
Clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Esprit (for adults): 40 percent off the entire store and online (use code WINTER12) [12/18].
- Filene’s Basement (for the whole family): 40 to 60 percent off in stores [expiration unknown]. They’re going out of business, so all sales are final.
- Jones New York (for adults): 40 percent off almost everything online [12/16].
- Lands’ End (for the whole family): 30 percent off almost everything online (use code JOLLY and PIN) [12/19].
- Ralph Lauren (for the whole family): Up to 60 percent off during the Holiday Sale in stores and online [expiration unknown]. Shipping is free (use code RLFS2011) [12/20]!
- Reebok (for the whole family): 30 percent off your order during the Customer Appreciation Sale online (use code RBKTHANKS) [12/18].
- Burger King: Free value-size order of fries on Free Fries Friday – which is today [12/16 only]. No purchase necessary.
- Tools: $25 off a $100-plus purchase of select Dewalt tools or accessories at Amazon.com [12/24].
- Ralph Lauren: Up to 60 percent off home items during the Holiday Sale in stores and online [expiration unknown]. Shipping is free (use code RLFS2011) [12/20]!
- Lands’ End: 30 percent off all home items online (use code JOLLY and PIN ) [12/19].
- Office Depot: $20 off a $100-plus purchase in stores (print first) and online (use code 22956884) [12/19].
- Elizabeth Arden: Free eight-piece deluxe gift with a $40-plus purchase online (use code 8WONDERS) [expiration unknown].
- LensCrafters: Additional $25 off a pair a prescription eyeglasses or sunglasses (print first) [12/24]. This offer can be “stacked” with others – like the 50-percent-off deal that’s listed under “Personal Care” on our Deals page. I’ve never seen an offer like this from LensCrafters.
- Pet Supermarket: $2 off a $10-plus purchase in stores (print first) and online (use code 2off10email) [1/1].
- Remote-controlled helicopters: $20 off when you buy two at Brookstone online [12/16]. Instead of $60 each, you get two for $100. Shipping is free!
- FAO Schwarz: Up to 40 percent off Legos, Fisher-Price, K’Nex Construction, stocking stuffers, and more during the FAO Toy Sale online [expiration unknown].