- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
Traveling this weekend? Hopefully not to Seattle.
A new survey by Cheaphotels.org says that city has the most costly Labor Day weekend hotel rates. Visitors will “have to pay at least $312 per night to stay in Washington State’s largest city,” the survey says. “And that’s only if they’re willing to settle for the cheapest available 3-star hotel room.”
The regular going rate in Seattle is $188, but the city hosts the annual music and arts Bumbershoot Festival on Labor Day weekend, which “annually attracts close to 100,000 visitors to the city.”
Many cities are actually cheaper on Labor Day – Boston, New York, San Francisco, and Austin among them.
Here’s the survey’s list of 20 Labor Day destinations, along with the regular and Labor Day rates for double rooms at 3-star hotels…
|Destination||Labor Day Weekend||Regular Rate|