- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
Traveling this weekend? Hopefully not to Seattle.
A new survey by Cheaphotels.org says that city has the most costly Labor Day weekend hotel rates. Visitors will “have to pay at least $312 per night to stay in Washington State’s largest city,” the survey says. “And that’s only if they’re willing to settle for the cheapest available 3-star hotel room.”
The regular going rate in Seattle is $188, but the city hosts the annual music and arts Bumbershoot Festival on Labor Day weekend, which “annually attracts close to 100,000 visitors to the city.”
Many cities are actually cheaper on Labor Day – Boston, New York, San Francisco, and Austin among them.
Here’s the survey’s list of 20 Labor Day destinations, along with the regular and Labor Day rates for double rooms at 3-star hotels…
|Destination||Labor Day Weekend||Regular Rate|