- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- Why the Travel Industry’s Favorite New Word is ‘No’ – and What to Do About It
- Cold Is Coming: 10 Ways to Winterproof Right Now
- Hundreds of Americans Surrender Citizenship to Avoid Taxes
- Is Student Loan Debt Really Delaying Homeownership?
- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Most Expensive Mortgage Mistakes You Can Make
Movoto has tried to estimate what it would cost to buy The Hobbit star Bilbo Baggins’s home, Bag End – if it existed, in England…
Because there were only three bedrooms, it was difficult to find comparable homes to base our assumption on.
Most homes that push the 4,000-square-foot mark have more than three bedrooms. We were, however, able to find agrarian homes with comparable square footage in rural sections of Worcestershire County.
The average price per square foot for a house in Worcestershire County, according to Zoopla, is £205, or $262. Our comparable homes had a price per square foot of £231 per square foot, or $296.
Armed with this, we were able to calculate Bag End’s estimated cost, which turned out to be about $1,330,000.
More on how they figured it out at the link and the infographic below.