- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Most Expensive Mortgage Mistakes You Can Make
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Survey: These Airlines Have the Cheapest, Most Comfy Economy Seats
- 12 Surprising Ways to Cut Rental Car Expenses
- Flying This Thanksgiving? Here’s When to Leave and When to Return
- Pop Quiz: Who Do You Contact First When You Want to Buy a Home?
- If Your Hotel Tries to Block Your Personal Wi-Fi, Show Them This Article
Movoto has tried to estimate what it would cost to buy The Hobbit star Bilbo Baggins’s home, Bag End – if it existed, in England…
Because there were only three bedrooms, it was difficult to find comparable homes to base our assumption on.
Most homes that push the 4,000-square-foot mark have more than three bedrooms. We were, however, able to find agrarian homes with comparable square footage in rural sections of Worcestershire County.
The average price per square foot for a house in Worcestershire County, according to Zoopla, is £205, or $262. Our comparable homes had a price per square foot of £231 per square foot, or $296.
Armed with this, we were able to calculate Bag End’s estimated cost, which turned out to be about $1,330,000.
More on how they figured it out at the link and the infographic below.