- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
Maintaining their “bags fly free” motto, Southwest passengers will still be able to check two bags free of charge. The fee for a third checked bag will increase from $50 to $75, beginning with reservations for travel on/after February 15, 2013, according to their website. The fee for overweight bags — those more than 50 pounds — will also increase from $50 to $75.
They’re also adding a no-show fee to some tickets. All these changes combined are expected to rake in $300 million next year.