- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- The Restless Project: She Has a Good Job, but Will She Have to Leave New Orleans?
- It Pays (Literally) to Be a Dad
- 10 Frugal Ways to Fight the Flu
- Could Student Loans Cost You Your Social Security Benefits?
- US: Pass the Potato Chips, Please
A Seattle Fox affiliate reports…
The man pretending to be Carol [Mahre]’s grandson said he needed $2,200 to get out of a Mexican prison. Only one thing ran through Mahre’s mind once she heard his cry for help, she said. “I thought, ‘How am I gonna get that money to that poor kid,’” Mahre said.
She sent it through Western Union and he said it wasn’t enough. So she sent another $3,900 and would’ve sent more if a Walmart employee hadn’t warned her. Now she’s started a Facebook page.