- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- The Crime Americans Worry About Most Is the Hacking a Credit Card
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Nearly Half of US Workers Don’t Have a Work-Based Retirement Plan
- Lotteries Are Losing Their Allure With Some Customers
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
A Seattle Fox affiliate reports…
The man pretending to be Carol [Mahre]’s grandson said he needed $2,200 to get out of a Mexican prison. Only one thing ran through Mahre’s mind once she heard his cry for help, she said. “I thought, ‘How am I gonna get that money to that poor kid,’” Mahre said.
She sent it through Western Union and he said it wasn’t enough. So she sent another $3,900 and would’ve sent more if a Walmart employee hadn’t warned her. Now she’s started a Facebook page.