- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- Could Europe’s Ongoing Economic Troubles Affect Your Retirement?
- The Most Expensive NFL Tickets
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
- The Restless Project: Doing Well at $125K, but Still Losing Sleep Over Money
- Why Pension Advances Are a Really Bad Idea
A Seattle Fox affiliate reports…
The man pretending to be Carol [Mahre]’s grandson said he needed $2,200 to get out of a Mexican prison. Only one thing ran through Mahre’s mind once she heard his cry for help, she said. “I thought, ‘How am I gonna get that money to that poor kid,’” Mahre said.
She sent it through Western Union and he said it wasn’t enough. So she sent another $3,900 and would’ve sent more if a Walmart employee hadn’t warned her. Now she’s started a Facebook page.