- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- 12 Golden Rules of Decluttering
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
A Houston ABC affiliate reports on a new Consumer Reports study…
“A common misconception is that the weight listed on the can is the weight of the food. But it’s not. Net weight also includes any liquid in the can,” Consumer Reports’ Jamie Kopf said.
So they tested 63 cans ranging from chicken to fruit, and a third to half of the average can’s weight was water. Last year, canned tuna companies paid a $3 million settlement for it. Who’s next?
If you want cheaper food that won’t sell you short, check out our Frugal Feast series.