- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Headlight Drama: Average Deer-Car Claim Cost Is Up 14 Percent
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- The Most Expensive NFL Tickets
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
- Obamacare Open Enrollment is Coming: 5 Things You Need to Know
- The Restless Project: Doing Well at $125K, but Still Losing Sleep Over Money
- Don’t Let Your Kids Ride-Share With Your Car
Reuters has some tips…
Contact the drug manufacturer directly. [Pharmaceutical consultant Adam] Fein recommends doing this before ever reaching out to your health plan because most have a group that assists patients in navigating the insurance approval process as quickly as possible.
Otherwise, these specialty drugs can average as much as $1,766 per prescription. Reuters also suggests making friends with the doctor’s office administrator because paperwork is crucial, working with your doctor to document your health history, asking your employer for help if they’re helping foot the bill, and appealing when you’re turned down for treatment coverage which the article suggests works 80 percent of the time if you have your records in order and do it quickly.