- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
- The Hidden Dangers in Your Kid’s Backpack
- Even Hackers Worry About Being Hacked
- Why You Should Hang Up if You Get a Call From the ‘IRS’
- Are You Driving a Lemon?
- Why 1 Billion Stolen Passwords Is No Reason to Freak Out
- The IRS has doubled the number of employees assigned to tax-related ID theft in the past year to over 3,000.
- The agency has trained 35,000 employees who work with taxpayers to recognize identity theft indicators and help people victimized by identity theft.
- The IRS has activated dozens of new identity theft filters.
- A substantial increase in the number of identity theft investigations instituted by the IRS Criminal Investigations.
- The IRS is working with over 130 financial institutions to identify identity theft fraud schemes and block refunds from reaching the hands of identity thieves.
Let’s hope it pays off – no pun intended. The IRS has a tip sheet for how you can help prevent getting ripped off, too.