- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Want to Improve Your Health? Contribute to a 401(k)
- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- New California Law Mandates Smartphone Kill Switch
On Feb. 9, the USS Boxer opened its own Starbucks location, according to the U.S. Navy. It’s not clear whether they get a military discount.
The location is cutely designated Starboxer, and marks the first-ever “fully functioning coffee shop serving Starbucks’ line of coffees, teas and smoothies opened on a large-deck amphibious assault ship.”
While they did partner with Starbucks to set it up, and Starbucks baristas even taught them how the machines work, the employees are crew members and profits will go to the ship’s morale and recreation fund.
The USS Boxer, which has its own website, is a “Wasp-class LHD” – an assault ship capable of carrying multiple aircraft and other watercraft plus a couple thousand troops. (LHD stands for landing helicopter dock, and Wasp was the name of the first ship of this model.) It was launched in 1993 and is the sixth ship of its name, the first dating back to 1813.
They probably don’t do drive-through, but feel free to park your chopper and pick up a trenta. You’ll just have to borrow somebody’s Navy Cash card to pay.