- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops A Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Ask Stacy: If I Temporarily Lose My Health Insurance, Will I Get Fined?
- The 5 Reasons People Fall for Scams and Gotchas
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
We recently mentioned American Express’ partnership with Twitter to offer discounts.
But that wasn’t their first partnership: they also have one with Foursquare, an app that rewards people for publicizing their location with “check-ins.” (It can be connected to post that information on networks like Facebook and Twitter, presumably so your friends can come hang out with you.)
Now, Foursquare‘s beginning to expand offers to other credit cards, so those of us without an Amex card aren’t left out in the cold…
To make saving money even easier, we’re working with First Data and CardSpring to expand our seamless credit card specials to Visa, Mastercard, and debit cards. And to kick things off, we’ve partnered with Burger King to bring you specials at their over 6,500 locations across the U.S. (just look for the orange and white card icon in the app!). Connect your card now in your iOS or Android app settings or on the web.
Of course, it sounds like American Express users are still getting better deals. While the Burger King deal pictured in the announcement will get you $1 off a $10 purchase, a new Amex-only deal they mention gives $5 back on a $20 purchase at AMC Theaters. That’s a 25 percent discount versus a 10 percent for everybody else – hopefully more equitable deals are coming.