- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in September
- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
We recently mentioned American Express’ partnership with Twitter to offer discounts.
But that wasn’t their first partnership: they also have one with Foursquare, an app that rewards people for publicizing their location with “check-ins.” (It can be connected to post that information on networks like Facebook and Twitter, presumably so your friends can come hang out with you.)
Now, Foursquare‘s beginning to expand offers to other credit cards, so those of us without an Amex card aren’t left out in the cold…
To make saving money even easier, we’re working with First Data and CardSpring to expand our seamless credit card specials to Visa, Mastercard, and debit cards. And to kick things off, we’ve partnered with Burger King to bring you specials at their over 6,500 locations across the U.S. (just look for the orange and white card icon in the app!). Connect your card now in your iOS or Android app settings or on the web.
Of course, it sounds like American Express users are still getting better deals. While the Burger King deal pictured in the announcement will get you $1 off a $10 purchase, a new Amex-only deal they mention gives $5 back on a $20 purchase at AMC Theaters. That’s a 25 percent discount versus a 10 percent for everybody else – hopefully more equitable deals are coming.