- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
We recently mentioned American Express’ partnership with Twitter to offer discounts.
But that wasn’t their first partnership: they also have one with Foursquare, an app that rewards people for publicizing their location with “check-ins.” (It can be connected to post that information on networks like Facebook and Twitter, presumably so your friends can come hang out with you.)
Now, Foursquare‘s beginning to expand offers to other credit cards, so those of us without an Amex card aren’t left out in the cold…
To make saving money even easier, we’re working with First Data and CardSpring to expand our seamless credit card specials to Visa, Mastercard, and debit cards. And to kick things off, we’ve partnered with Burger King to bring you specials at their over 6,500 locations across the U.S. (just look for the orange and white card icon in the app!). Connect your card now in your iOS or Android app settings or on the web.
Of course, it sounds like American Express users are still getting better deals. While the Burger King deal pictured in the announcement will get you $1 off a $10 purchase, a new Amex-only deal they mention gives $5 back on a $20 purchase at AMC Theaters. That’s a 25 percent discount versus a 10 percent for everybody else – hopefully more equitable deals are coming.