The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau wants anonymous financial information to improve its oversight of the banking and credit industries. Banks don’t see the point.
Author Archives: Brandon Ballenger
Experts warn that fraudsters could gain access to your credit just by holding their phones close to your pocket.
A new analysis from AAA says the average cost to own and drive a sedan is $9,122 per year.
The federal hourly minimum pay for people dependent on tips hasn’t risen in more than 2 decades, even though the normal minimum has increased 5 times.
A government study finds that banks’ deposit advance products frequently trap consumers in a cycle of debt just as payday lenders do.
Drivers in these cities wasted an average of 42 hours in traffic last year, new research says. On the worst roads, it was 62 hours.
A redesigned Benjamin will be coming to banks near you Oct. 8. It’s a little more colorful and has improved security features.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way