Taking control of your retirement investing isn’t as scary as you may think. Here are simple ways to get going and tips for learning more.
Author Archives: Marilyn Lewis
Houses aren’t the only things that can be upside down. You can get underwater on a car loan, too — with disastrous consequences.
Compulsive shopping doesn’t have to ruin your finances and your relationships.
Banks are hunting for new sources of revenue, so bank fees are rising and free checking is increasingly hard to find. But there are ways to avoid paying so many bank fees.
It might not be as hard as you think to qualify for a mortgage. Lending is still tight, but it’s easing. For some potential homeowners, the problem may be in their own heads.
Dental insurance is not the only way to go. Here are 10 other ways to cut your dental bills.
There are cheaper, safer ways out of a financial crisis than selling access to your pension.
- Pop Quiz: Is it better to have a tax credit or a tax deduction?
- Java Hack: Coffee Lovers Outsmart Keurig’s K-Cup Technology
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Dec. 19
- Still Shopping for Christmas? 10 Last-Minute Money-Saving Tips
- Consumer Reports Doesn’t Recommend Gift Cards — Here’s Why
- Here’s Why We Have a Lawless Gotcha Capitalism Economy
- 9 Christmas Gifts That Keep Giving All Year
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Is It Better to Have a Tax Credit or a Tax Deduction?
- 10 Tips for Throwing an Awesome, but Cheap, New Year’s Eve Party
- 15 Tips for Taking Fabulous Smartphone Photos
- 5 Sneaky Jeweler Tricks of the Trade
- Your Next Loan Shouldn’t Be From a Bank
- The Gift That Doesn’t Need Batteries, Never Breaks and Can Change a Kid’s Life
- Shopping for Your Guy? Here Are 10 Things NOT to Buy
- 10 Awesome Yet Affordable Teacher Gifts
- Shopping For Your Girl? Avoid Everything on This List
- Should You Get a Store Credit Card?
- Should You Tip Your Garbage Man? 9 Rules for Holiday Tipping
- 10 Great Kid Gifts for Less Than $10
- 12 Ways to Save on Holiday Travel
- Year-End Review: 9 Tips to Cut Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Get Free Car Repairs with Secret Warranties
- Year-End Review: 10 Tips to Cut Car Insurance Costs
- 5 Types of Consumer Reports You Don’t Know About
- Don’t Get Scrooged by These 20 Holiday Scams
- 7 Foolproof Organizing Tricks You Don’t Know
- 6 Tips to Donate to Charity the Smart Way