This reader’s brother is like many people I’ve heard from: barely making minimum payments and unable to save for emergencies. If that’s you or someone you know, here are your options.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: the cheapest places for generic drugs, 20 real work-from-home jobs, rental scams, getting the best life insurance, and saving on spring cleaning.
The Web is full of tips about lowering the cost of insurance. But how about some advice on getting what you pay for?
Tuesday, April 9, is the day we’re supposed to recognize how women are discriminated against in the workplace. Let’s start by getting the facts straight.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: avoiding regrets, when to get a safe deposit box, nine bad money habits, who should pay on dates, and five questions to ask before buying a used car.
This reader wants to leave the normal life behind to live and work from a van. The problem? Nobody will lend him the money.
While as a rule I’m no fan of store-branded credit cards, every rule has exceptions. The Kroger-branded 1-2-3 REWARDS card might be one.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?