Sure, you’ll find great prices on Black Friday. But you can sleep in, beat the crowds, and still find plenty of ways to save.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: improving work days, a better way to achieve goals, the growing cost of college, gift card tips, and practicing financial skills.
An Obama victory means higher taxes. Or does it?
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: free money, the benefits of inconvenience, landing a higher salary, defining financial success, and saving more.
This reader wants to know if I’ve heard anything about a big market drop next year, and if they can change their 401(k) without changing jobs.
Twenty-five years ago the stock market lost more than 20 percent of its value in just one day. History? Yes. But also a good learning experience.
A look at five interesting personal finance posts from other bloggers around the Web. This week: safeguarding your career move, the election and taxes, making your hobby profitable, investment strategies, and avoiding the stress of meal planning.
- Young and Crazy Rich: List Names Record Number of Billionaires Under Age 40
- 8 Ways to Bounce Back From Financial Disaster
- This Simple Idea Could Cut Costs for College Students Across the US
- Report Names ‘Terrible 10′ States Where Taxes Hit Average Americans Hardest
- Want a Job After College? Majors Most Likely to Get You There, and Not
- Tax Hacks 2015: Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What to Do
- Correcting Mistakes After You File: Amended Tax Returns
- 28 Ways to Save Big Bucks on Pet Supplies
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Coming Soon: Grocery Store Beacons That Send You Discounts, Aisle by Aisle
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Trip Tips to Cut the Cost of Spring Break in Half
- How to Navigate Deceptive Car Ads and Avoid Rip-Offs
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Medical ID Theft Cost Americans $20 Billion in 2014
- The Tooth Fairy Index is Up! What Kids Are Getting Under Their Pillows
- Is Getting a 401(k) Loan a Good Idea?