- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
TIME warns that your gas may not go as far as you expect in some vehicles…
In the grand scheme, 37 mpg is pretty decent—except when you purchase a vehicle that promises mileage that’s 10 mpg better. Two Ford hybrids, the Fusion Hybrid SE and the C-Max SE, boast overall ratings of 47 mpg on their windows in new-car dealerships. Yet a new Consumer Reports study indicates that these mileage claims are way overblown.
Hybrid vehicles are more guilty of inflated figures that others, the story says.