- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Weapon Designed to Kill Off Phone Theft Proves Lethal
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
Hoping for a holiday bonus this year? Don’t tell your boss, but a little goes a long way.
According to a new study of 600 employees by Managing Your HR, most people (85 percent) would be satisfied with an extra $100 or less. And 61 percent would be happy with $25.
Of course, that’s probably because most people (69 percent) don’t think their employer will give them any end-of-year reward or gift. But four out of five workers said some kind of reward would make them feel “either appreciated, motivated to work harder, or more loyal to the company.”
The study also says employees would prefer a Visa or MasterCard prepaid card over gift cards that are restricted to a particular store. Duh.