- Wake Up! Too Much Sleep Can Be Bad For Your Health
- Simple, DIY Methods To Retire With $1 Million
- 21 Tricks to Make Groceries Last Longer
- How To Quit 10 Bad Money Habits That Rob You Blind
- Gourmet Secrets: How to Turn Meow Mix Into a Meal Your Family Will Love
- The Time to Refinance Your House is Right Now
Want a flawless diamond the size of a quail’s egg? That’ll be $21 million, please. CBS reports…
On Tuesday night, Christie’s auctioned off the Archduke Joseph Diamond for $21,474,525 including commission, a world auction record price per carat for a colorless diamond. That was well above the expected $15 million and more than triple the price paid for it at auction almost two decades ago. The 76.02-carat diamond, with perfect color and internally flawless clarity, came from the ancient Golconda mines in India.
In 1993, it sold for $6.5 million. Adjusting for inflation would bring that price closer to $10 million today. But somebody more than doubled that.
The buyer is anonymous, but we’re guessing it’s Indiana Jones. CBS says the winner “is going to donate the diamond for display at a museum.”