- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- The 11 Best Foods to Buy When You’re Broke
- 6 Tips to Avoid Becoming a Victim of ‘Food Fraud’
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- Does This Budweiser Slogan Condone Date Rape?
- 5 Cheap Alternatives to Cell Phone Insurance
Consumer Reports has the details on an expanded Honda Acura and Accord recall:
As with the recall of Acura TL sedans last May, Honda claims the power steering hoses in the 2003-2007 Accord cars with V6 engines may deteriorate from excessive heat and leak fluid. If the flammable power steering fluid reaches an ignition point—a hot exhaust pipe, say—an engine fire may occur beneath the car’s hood.
That makes for a total of 625,762 cars recalled for this problem since May. Affected customers should receive a notice in the mail soon, but if you don’t want to wait and see, call 800-999-1009 and reference recall number S59.