- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- The ABCs of Selecting a Medicare Supplement Plan
We’ve all been there. In the last-minute rush to get something, anything, you run to the store and grab a gift you know isn’t right, but is at least – you pray – slightly better than nothing. God forbid you show up empty-handed. They can take it back if they don’t like it, right?
Then there’s testing your acting skills by being on the receiving end of this annual holiday nightmare. You open the results of Aunt Edna’s well-intentioned but uninformed annual pilgrimage to the mall, and there they are: plaid golf shorts. Thank goodness you don’t play golf. “I expect to see you wearing those the next time I visit!” she says. You smile and silently resolve to never see Aunt Edna again.
If you can relate, it’s time to convert your cheesy, offbeat, and useless gifts from holidays past into something equally cheesy, offbeat, and useless: the legendary Money Talks News “Broke, Stupid and Lonely” T-shirt. Just tell the story of the worst holiday gift you ever got on our Facebook page. If your fellow readers “like” your horrible story the most, you win!
Good luck to all. And happy shopping!