- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
- Best and Worst Things to Buy in March
- 6 Ways to Make Cheap Foods Taste Delicious
- Americans Love Nordstrom, Costco and Amazon, And Then There’s Wal-Mart …
An ABC News affiliate picked up scam predictions from the Better Business Bureau…
The Better Business Bureau says a big 2013 scam to avoid involves hackers bumping illegitimate scam websites to the top of search engines so you’ll click on them. So, if you’re unsure, don’t click.
Also watch for smartphone attacks, fake job offers, and (fake) checks that overpay you for something.
Their advice for avoiding ripoffs: don’t wire money to strangers, don’t respond to calls, texts or emails from them, and don’t hire or contract with anyone until you’ve checked their licenses and reputation out.
Today the BBB also released its list of top scams from last year, and you can bet many of those will still be prominent in this one.