- Definitely Buy These 15 Things at a Dollar Store
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Ask Stacy: Do I Need a Financial Adviser, or Can I Manage My Money Myself?
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 11 Ways to Turn Clutter Into Cash
An ABC News affiliate picked up scam predictions from the Better Business Bureau…
The Better Business Bureau says a big 2013 scam to avoid involves hackers bumping illegitimate scam websites to the top of search engines so you’ll click on them. So, if you’re unsure, don’t click.
Also watch for smartphone attacks, fake job offers, and (fake) checks that overpay you for something.
Their advice for avoiding ripoffs: don’t wire money to strangers, don’t respond to calls, texts or emails from them, and don’t hire or contract with anyone until you’ve checked their licenses and reputation out.
Today the BBB also released its list of top scams from last year, and you can bet many of those will still be prominent in this one.