- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- 10 Ways to Eat Healthier Without Paying More
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- Tax Hacks 2015: Avoid These 10 Common Filing Mistakes
The Hartford Courant reports Anthony Johnson, a man who wormed around in movie theaters stealing women’s credit cards, has been convicted of fraud and identity theft. He’d been doing it with accomplices since at least 2007, when he got out of prison after a case involving a stolen diamond. Here’s how…
The accomplice, who agreed to cooperate with authorities, said Johnson, of Philadelphia, typically worked with women accomplices. They bought tickets to motion pictures likely to be popular with female audiences and chose seats from which they could watch how women in the audience stored their pocketbooks.
Then they’d slip under the seats, snatch cards from wallets, and put them back in their purses. Accomplices told the court “he had to settle for $30,000 or $40,000 on a bad weekend.” He could face decades in jail.