The number of work-from-home positions has soared over the past two years. These companies offer you the best chance at landing such a job.
Americans are increasingly interested in flexible jobs that allow them to work from home. Many companies are embracing the trend and offering a multitude of remote worker positions.
In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, nearly one-quarter (24 percent) of Americans worked from home at least some of the time in 2015.
FlexJobs, a subscription-based online service specializing in remote and flexible job opportunities, saw a 52 percent increase in the number of telecommute-friendly jobs posted in its jobs database over the last two years. The jobs search site just released its annual list of the top 100 companies with the most available work-from-home positions.
Marie Moynihan, global senior vice president of recruiting at Dell — which earned the No. 16 spot on the list — tells FlexJobs:
“Flexible working is a core business strategy for us, enabled by our technology, helping us to attract and retain great talent wherever they live around the world, while minimizing our spend[ing] on real estate. For team members it promotes a healthy work life balance and is therefore a true win-win.”
According to FlexJobs, the top career fields for remote workers include:
- Medical and health
- Computer and IT
- Customer service
- Education and training
These are FlexJobs’ top 25 companies for work-from-home jobs in 2017:
- Appen, Kirkland, Washington
- LiveOps, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Amazon, Seattle
- TeleTech, Englewood, Colorado
- VIPKID, Beijing, China
- LanguageLine Solutions, Monterey, California
- Working Solutions, Plano, Texas
- Kelly Services, Troy, Michigan
- Sutherland Global Services, Pittsford, New York
- UnitedHealth Group, Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Hilton Worldwide, McLean, Virginia
- Cactus Communications, Tokyo
- Convergys, Cincinnati
- Xerox, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Kaplan, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Dell, Round Rock, Texas
- Intuit, Mountain View, California
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, D.C.
- K12, Herndon, Virginia
- Humana, Louisville, Kentucky
- ADP, Roseland, New Jersey
- IBM, Armonk, New York
- BroadPath Healthcare Solutions, Tucson, Arizona
- CyberCoders, Irvine, California
- Allergan, Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey
If you’re interested in remote work, check out “20 Flexible Jobs That Pay Well and Are in Demand” and “Find a Real Work-From-Home Job (and Sidestep Scams).”
What do you think of the companies that made the list? Do you work from home? Share below or on Facebook.