Read These Next
Some people were born to lead. Literally, according to one new study.
CareerBuilder surveyed thousands earlier this year about their jobs, salaries, siblings – and their astrological signs.
From that data, they drew the conclusion that Leos and Capricorns were the most likely to be executives (VP-level and above) with the latter more likely to have “chief” in their title: CEO, CFO, and so on. Aries are probable middle managers, while Aquarius are most likely to be stuck doing entry-level work.
The survey also suggests birth order plays a role in your profession and pay grade. An only child or firstborn is most likely to make six figures in a health or science role, while the middle child is most likely to earn less than $35,000 as some kind of caretaker. The youngest are most often artsy types or middle managers.
Here are the most likely jobs according to the zodiac and this survey…
- Aries (March 21 – April 19): hotel/recreation, higher education, construction, engineering, government, IT.
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20): government, law, healthcare, art/design/architecture, marketing/PR.
- Gemini (May 21 – June 20): social work, food preparation, IT, sales, law enforcement, firefighting.
- Cancer (June 21 – July 22): government, higher education, physicians, editing/writing, engineering.
- Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22): nursing, legal services, IT, education, real estate.
- Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22): editing/writing, education, social work, military, sales.
- Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22): engineering, machine operation, healthcare, art/design/architecture, finance, education.
- Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21): science, attorney/judge, hotel/recreation, machine operation, education.
- Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21): IT, editing/writing, lab technician, social work, education.
- Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19): engineering, sales, food preparation, law enforcement, skilled trades.
- Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18): sales, machine operation, military, construction, education, personal care.
- Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20): government, finance, mechanics, skilled trades, law enforcement, firefighting.
More survey results are available at CareerBuilder. For what it’s worth, Money Talks CEO Stacy Johnson is a Leo – bingo. I’m a firstborn Virgo – so they’ve pegged me correctly as a writer. But I sure don’t make six figures. (Maybe I have an older sibling my parents neglected to mention.)
What about you? Take a quick trip to our Facebook page and tell us whether your sign and career sync up.