- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
Some people were born to lead. Literally, according to one new study.
CareerBuilder surveyed thousands earlier this year about their jobs, salaries, siblings – and their astrological signs.
From that data, they drew the conclusion that Leos and Capricorns were the most likely to be executives (VP-level and above) with the latter more likely to have “chief” in their title: CEO, CFO, and so on. Aries are probable middle managers, while Aquarius are most likely to be stuck doing entry-level work.
The survey also suggests birth order plays a role in your profession and pay grade. An only child or firstborn is most likely to make six figures in a health or science role, while the middle child is most likely to earn less than $35,000 as some kind of caretaker. The youngest are most often artsy types or middle managers.
Here are the most likely jobs according to the zodiac and this survey…
- Aries (March 21 – April 19): hotel/recreation, higher education, construction, engineering, government, IT.
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20): government, law, healthcare, art/design/architecture, marketing/PR.
- Gemini (May 21 – June 20): social work, food preparation, IT, sales, law enforcement, firefighting.
- Cancer (June 21 – July 22): government, higher education, physicians, editing/writing, engineering.
- Leo (July 23 – Aug. 22): nursing, legal services, IT, education, real estate.
- Virgo (Aug. 23 – Sept. 22): editing/writing, education, social work, military, sales.
- Libra (Sept. 23 – Oct. 22): engineering, machine operation, healthcare, art/design/architecture, finance, education.
- Scorpio (Oct. 23 – Nov. 21): science, attorney/judge, hotel/recreation, machine operation, education.
- Sagittarius (Nov. 22 – Dec. 21): IT, editing/writing, lab technician, social work, education.
- Capricorn (Dec. 22 – Jan. 19): engineering, sales, food preparation, law enforcement, skilled trades.
- Aquarius (Jan. 20 – Feb. 18): sales, machine operation, military, construction, education, personal care.
- Pisces (Feb. 19 – March 20): government, finance, mechanics, skilled trades, law enforcement, firefighting.
More survey results are available at CareerBuilder. For what it’s worth, Money Talks CEO Stacy Johnson is a Leo – bingo. I’m a firstborn Virgo – so they’ve pegged me correctly as a writer. But I sure don’t make six figures. (Maybe I have an older sibling my parents neglected to mention.)
What about you? Take a quick trip to our Facebook page and tell us whether your sign and career sync up.