- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
World Crunch reports on a Chinese tech company which will pay single employees to date…
Chengdu executives told the People’s Daily, that they came up with the idea after seeing the emotional turmoil of his young workers, awarding a financial bonus for workers willing to tuoguang – “strip” – slang for saying goodbye to the single life.
Each “stripper” would get a bonus of 1112 Yuan ($180) a number that was chosen to represent 1111+1. The company hopes that if their employees fall in love with their colleagues, they will “have an even more harmonious team” – a notion that leads us to believe that they have not really thought this through.
Still, the company doesn’t mind it if their employees fall in love with their counterparts in other Chengdu IT firms. On the contrary! The employees finding love outside work will be awarded a bonus of 500-1000 Yuan ($80 to $160). The idea is that the Chengdu cloud company will be able to poach these enamored young engineers.
Think it’ll catch on? Some American tech companies pay bonuses for people who take vacations, adopt, or have kids.