- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- The Crime Americans Worry About Most Is the Hacking a Credit Card
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- Budget from 1987 Tells the Tale: Americans Are Severely Underpaid
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Fast-Food Workers (McDonald’s Included) Earn $20 an Hour in Denmark
- Delinquent Doctors Publicly Outed for Unpaid Student Loans
World Crunch reports on a Chinese tech company which will pay single employees to date…
Chengdu executives told the People’s Daily, that they came up with the idea after seeing the emotional turmoil of his young workers, awarding a financial bonus for workers willing to tuoguang – “strip” – slang for saying goodbye to the single life.
Each “stripper” would get a bonus of 1112 Yuan ($180) a number that was chosen to represent 1111+1. The company hopes that if their employees fall in love with their colleagues, they will “have an even more harmonious team” – a notion that leads us to believe that they have not really thought this through.
Still, the company doesn’t mind it if their employees fall in love with their counterparts in other Chengdu IT firms. On the contrary! The employees finding love outside work will be awarded a bonus of 500-1000 Yuan ($80 to $160). The idea is that the Chengdu cloud company will be able to poach these enamored young engineers.
Think it’ll catch on? Some American tech companies pay bonuses for people who take vacations, adopt, or have kids.