Tax season is almost over. Monday, April 15, is the last day to file your taxes this year (or get an extension). Whether you filed early and have gotten a refund or are waiting until the last minute to send your tax return and write a check to Uncle Sam, I’m betting you’ll be glad to put taxes behind you for another year.
So why not go out and celebrate your hard work?
We’ve scoured the Internet and found freebies and deals you can take advantage of this weekend or after you get done filing on Monday.
Word to the wise: These deals vary by location, so play it safe and call ahead before you visit. Some locations may not participate.
Tax Day (and Tax Weekend) freebies
- Cinnabon – Get two free Cinnabon Bites between 6 and 8 p.m. on Tax Day. This offer is not valid at airport and travel plaza locations.
- Great American Cookies – A free birthday cake cookie, all day on April 15.
- Arby’s – Free value-sized curly fries or small potato cakes on Tax Day.
- Panda Express – Free Samurai Surf & Turf with this coupon, valid on April 17 only.
- Office Depot – Free black-and-white copy of your tax return and up to 5 pounds of free shredding with coupons until May 1.
- HydroMassage – One free HydroMassage with coupon, valid April 15-19.
- Chick-fil-A – Make a purchase on Tax Day, then save your receipt and bring it back on a designated day or days to get the same meal for free.
- 7-Eleven – Text “Slurp7″ to “711711″ and get a free medium Slurpee. Valid until April 30.
- Chili’s – Get a free appetizer or dessert if you “like” Chili’s Facebook page between now and April 15.
- McDonald’s – Free small Premium Roast McCafe coffee through April 15.
- AMC Theatres – Free small popcorn with coupon, valid April 12-15.
- Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill – From 7 p.m. to midnight on Tax Day, tell your server you’re there for your “cheesy refund” and you’ll get a free order of Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake Bites.
- Boston Market – On Tax Day, Boston Market is offering a “rib-bate,” two ¼-rack rib meals with corn, mashed potatoes, and cornbread for $10.40.
- Sonic Drive-In – Half-price drinks and slushes all day on April 15.
- Schlotzsky’s – A small Original sandwich free with purchase of a 32-ounce fountain drink and chips on Tax Day.
- Subway – Buy one 6-inch sandwich and get one free before 9 a.m. This offer is valid through April 30.
- Corner Bakery Cafe – A coupon will get you a free kid’s meal with the purchase of an entree through April 30.
- Bruegger’s Bagels – Get 13 bagels and two tubs of cream cheese for $10.40 with a coupon between April 12 and April 15.
Sign up for our free newsletter
Like this article? Sign up for our newsletter and we'll send you a regular digest of our newest stories, full of money saving tips and advice, free! We'll also email you a PDF of Stacy Johnson's '205 Ways to Save Money' as soon as you've subscribed. It's full of great tips that'll help you save a ton of extra cash. It doesn't cost a dime, so why wait? Click here to sign up now.