- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
The AeroMexico Visa Signature Card offers generous travel rewards for frequent fliers of AeroMexico, as well as some additional rewards to boot.
- Earn double miles. Cardholders earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on gas, groceries and AeroMexico ticket purchases.
- Earn miles on all purchases. Cardholders earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on all purchases outside of the aforementioned categories as well.
- Big first-purchase bonus. Cardholders earn 20,000 bonus miles after making their first purchase with the card.
- Free companion pass when your card application is approved. The card offers a free companion pass upon approval, so that cardholders can bring a friend or family member with them on a future flight on AeroMexico between the U.S. and Mexico.
- Complimentary lounge access. Cardholders receive complimentary Salon Premier Lounge access.
- Free checked bag and AeroMexico ticket discount. Cardholders get to check a bag free of charge, and they also automatically qualify for a 15 percent AeroMexico flight discount.
- Annual fee waived in the first year. There’s an annual fee of $80, but it’s waived in Year One.
- Renewal bonus miles. Cardholders can earn 4,000 bonus miles for renewing their card each year, and they also receive a $99 Complimentary Companion Certificate with renewal, which means they get $99 off a friend or family member’s round-trip flight from the U.S. to Mexico.
- No introductory 0 percent APR offers. The card does not offer an introductory 0 percent APR period on purchases or balance transfers.
- Annual fee. Although it’s waived in the first year, the card still carries an annual fee of $80.
- Foreign transaction fee. The card charges a 2 percent foreign transaction fee for transactions made in foreign countries with U.S. currency, and a 3 percent foreign transaction fee for transactions made in foreign countries with foreign currency.
Get it if: You have excellent credit and are a frequent flier of AeroMexico.
Forget it if: You have less than excellent credit, or want a travel rewards card that works for more than one airline.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.