- You Probably Pay Too Much for These 10 Things
- 10 Ways to Get Free Lodging on Your Summer Vacation
- 16 Cheap Ways to Get Moving, Feel Younger and Live Longer
- How Americans Rate Their Fiscal and Physical Fitness
- Quiz: What’s the Main Ingredient in Almond Milk?
- Verizon Deal With HBO: Another Reason to Cut Cable
A new study from HR solutions company Kronos Incorporated suggests retail’s on the rebound.
It found about 4 out of every 100 applicants were hired last month, “reflecting gains in both applications and hiring.”
That’s nearly 35,000 hires at over 18,000 retail locations last month. 881,517 people applied for those jobs. Definitely a hiring recovery, but one with a long way to go, says Kronos:
While hiring has improved since the lows reached following the recession, with total hires so far this year of 280,940 up 6.5 percent from the same period last year, it remains well below levels seen prior to the recession, when firms hired an average of nearly 55,000 workers per month.