David Letterman’s Stupid Pet Tricks were funny and ran for 30 years. Wall Street’s stupid investment tricks have been going on longer but aren’t funny at all. This is a great example.
Author Archives: Stacy Johnson
This week: a to-do list for home buyers, sage advice about planning a wedding and the five jobs that make you live longer.
Think changing something small may not result in anything big? Think again. Even if you don’t smoke, see how an extra $150 a week can change your life.
The mysterious appeal of the zombie apocalypse, gender-specific financial advice that is getting tired, what the 1 percent can teach us, and more blogger wisdom.
There are people who aren’t required to file income taxes, and others who feel there’s no law requiring them to. You don’t want to be a member of either group.
This week: Brightening someone’s day, improving ourselves, getting women to talk about money, sabotaging your side hustle, and making do with one less car.
We’ve all seen the ads: Protect your credit for just $9.95 a month! Worth the money? Here are three reasons why it’s not.
- Duh! 7 Obvious Money-Saving Tips People Often Forget
- Stop and Think: How Much House Can You Really Afford?
- 5 Steps to a Perfectly Organized Garage
- Natural Mosquito Repellent (Sans Toxic Chemicals) May Beat DEET
- The 5 Most Popular Restaurants for Hardcore Breakfast Fans
- TV Viewers Cutting the Cord in Big Numbers
- Morning Deals: Thursday, Aug. 20
- The 15 Best Jobs for Young Adults
- Why There’s a Great Chance You Used Facebook on Monday
- Now Hear This: You Can Save Hundreds on Hearing Aids
- What It Really Takes Just to Get by in America
- 3 Ways to Slash the Cost of Daily Chores
- The Most Emotional — and Emotionless — Countries in the World
- Why Internet Service on Your Next Flight Could Be Faster
- 10 Automakers Sued Over ‘Deadly’ Ignition Flaw
- Making Extra Money: 7 Steps to Start a Pet Sitting or Dog Walking Business
- 12 Tips to Building a Resume That Gets You Hired
- These Colleges and Majors Lead to the Highest Salaries
- The Most and Least Satisfying Car Brands in America
- 5 Tips to Squeeze the Most Cash From Your Old Phone
- Bad Speller? It Could Cost You a Date and More
- Which Pharmacies Deliver the Best Customer Satisfaction?
- 1 Generation Less Reliant on Credit Cards Than the Rest
- Ask Stacy: Can Obamacare Help Me Retire Early?
- Could It Be? Frugality Is a Fall Fashion for Kids?
- Most Working Parents Say They Work From Desire, Not Just Need
- Why Is the Stock Market Tumbling? And Should You Panic?