The rewards program, dubbed "Chiptopia," kicks off July 1 and runs through September.
Attention, free burrito fans.
Chipotle Mexican Grill just unveiled a summer rewards program in what is presumably the beleaguered fast-food chain’s latest effort to boost its reputation and stock value in the wake of multiple food poisoning outbreaks last year.
The rewards program, dubbed “Chiptopia,” kicks off July 1 and runs through September.
To get in on the chance to earn free food — primarily free entrees — pick up a Chiptopia card at any Chipotle restaurant. Remember to also register the card on Chipotle’s website to be able to redeem your rewards.
You can earn up to three free entrees during each of the three months. Here’s how:
- If you make four purchases of at least $6 in one month, you earn a free entree. This is the first of three rewards levels, called “mild.”
- If you make an additional four $6 purchases in the same month — one of which can be the freebie you earned — you’ll earn a second free entree. This is the “medium” rewards level.
- If you make an additional three $6 purchases in the same month — one of which can be a freebie you earned — you’ll earn a third free entree. This is the “hot” rewards level.
Rewards reset each month, so you essentially start anew each month.
If you achieve at least “mild” status during each of the three months, however, you’ll earn an additional entree. Achieve at least medium status, and you’ll earn additional rewards.
For more ways to save money and score freebies when eating out, check out:
- “9 Restaurants Where Your Kids Eat Free Every Week“
- “How to Score Free Food Deals at 11 Popular Restaurant Chains“
- “12 Ways to Slice Your Next Restaurant Check in Half“
- “8 Restaurant Phone Apps That Save You Money and Time“
What’s your take on all the freebies Chipotle is serving up with purchases this summer? Will you take advantage of them? Share your thoughts below or on our Facebook page.