The BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card is a solid travel rewards credit card from Bank of America for people with excellent credit, offering generous travel rewards points.
- 10,000-point bonus. Cardholders earn 10,000 bonus points after making $500 in purchases in the first three months that they have the card.
- Earn points on every purchase. Cardholders earn 1.5 points for each dollar spent on all purchases, all year long. The points never expire and there is no cap on the number of points they can earn. Points can be redeemed for flights, hotels, vacation packages, cruises, rental cars, baggage fees and more.
- 0 percent APR introductory period. The card offers a 0 percent APR introductory period of 12 months on purchases.
- No annual fee. There’s no annual fee to use the card.
- No foreign transaction fee. There’s no foreign transaction fee when this card is used internationally.
- Initial bonus could be bigger. The 10,000 bonus points for spending $500 on purchases is nice, but other cards, such as the Chase Sapphire, offer a bigger sign-up bonus. However, most of those cards (like the Chase Sapphire) charge an annual fee.
- No introductory balance transfer offer. The card offers a 0 percent APR intro period on purchases for 12 months, but does not extend a similar offer to balance transfers.
Get it if: You have excellent credit and want a travel rewards credit card that offers generous and versatile points and no annual fee.
Forget it if: You have poor credit, or if you’re a big spender who can offset the annual fee of another more generous travel rewards card.
Follow Logan Abbott on Google+
Note: While we attempt to be completely objective when reporting on credit cards, this site may be compensated by issuers when a reader applies for a credit card through the links within credit card stories or on our credit card search page. Also note that any terms, rates or other features described in this article can change without notice. Always double-check everything with the issuer before applying for any credit card.