- Where to Sell Your Stuff for Top Dollar
- Tax Hacks 2015: Don’t Overlook These 8 Deductions and Credits
- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- ‘Nips and Tucks’ to Get Your Tablet Computer Running Like New
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
Avast! Today ye arrrr supposed t’ talk like a pirate, on account o’ it being International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
As we mention in our deals o’ the day post, set sail for Krispy Kreme an’ ye can get your scurvy self a free doughnut. (A dozen, if ye dress like a pirate.) Ye can also get free fish at Long John Silver’s.
The holiday be celebratin’ its 10th anniversary, and if ye haven’t yet heard the story o’ how it startet, here ye go. In short, two swabbies asked a Pulitzer-winning humor columnist t’ promote their in-joke as a real holiday. An’ he did, in a 2002 column ye can still read today.
Landlubbers loved it, and today thar’s even a pirate language version o’ Google (though it don’t change the results – stuff like Google News becomes “Happenin’s About”). If ye want t’ read more pirate talk, plug in website addresses at the bottom here.
An’ check the related links for advice relevant t’ pirates: how to find treasure, acquire a sea-faring vessel, and – arrrrr – give up piracy.