- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in October
- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- Obamacare Open Enrollment is Coming: 5 Things You Need to Know
- Coming Soon: A World Without Wallets?
- How 30 Minutes Now Can Save You $1,000 Later
- Why Pension Advances Are a Really Bad Idea
You’ve seen the ads: credit counseling companies say they can help by getting your payments and interest rates lowered. Others claim they can get your debts wiped out entirely by settling them for pennies on the dollar. Money reporter Stacy Johnson takes an inside look at these companies.