- Pop Quiz: Can a Store Force You to Spend $10 to Use a Credit Card?
- How Do Credit Report Errors Happen?
- 10 Frugal Ways to Fight the Flu
- 7 Money Mistakes That Can Mess Up Your Marriage
- That Credit Advice You’re Getting Could Be Hogwash
- 8 Secrets to Building a Budget You Can Live With
- 6 Simple Ways for Newbies to Establish Stellar Credit
- Pop Quiz: Who Do You Contact First When You Want to Buy a Home?
You’ve seen the ads: credit counseling companies say they can help by getting your payments and interest rates lowered. Others claim they can get your debts wiped out entirely by settling them for pennies on the dollar. Money reporter Stacy Johnson takes an inside look at these companies.