- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- Pop Quiz: Terrorists Destroy Your Home. Will the Insurance Company Pay?
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- The 5 Most Complained About Cars in America
You’ve seen the ads: credit counseling companies say they can help by getting your payments and interest rates lowered. Others claim they can get your debts wiped out entirely by settling them for pennies on the dollar. Money reporter Stacy Johnson takes an inside look at these companies.