- 32 Clever Uses for Coffee Filters Other Than Making Coffee
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in September
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Pop Quiz: Terrorists Destroy Your Home. Will the Insurance Company Pay?
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- The 5 Most Complained About Cars in America
We’ve all been there… Consumer Complaint Land; a product or service we paid for wasn’t delivered or didn’t perform as promised. And while it may be tempting to use that opportunity to contact a customer service rep to blow off a little steam, it probably wont help you get what you want. Successful complaining is more of an art than a science, but we’ve compiled a short list of simple tips for consumer complaints that should help you get what you want with a little less hassle, frustration, and time.
Satisfaction Services, a company that specialize in customer service evaluations (finding a company’s service weakness and fixing the problem), helped us compile this list of 4 simple tips to aid you in successfully complaining.
- Know what you want – If you’re certain about the specific kind of restitution you’re looking for, ask for it specifically. Want a refund? Ask for one. Want a free month’s cable? Ask for that.
- Be polite and professional – The more courteous you can be, the more likely the customer service rep you’re speaking with will want to help you.
- Document everything – Keeping a paper trail is crucial to keep track of what you complained about, the response you got, and anything the company may have offered you.
- Be persistent – Many companies bank on complainers simply going away, not finishing the phone call, not waiting on hold for 2 hours. So… beat them at their own game. Be persistent, until you get what you want.