- Why Pension Advances Are a Really Bad Idea
- Avoid Airline Fees with Airline Co-Branded Credit Cards
- New Fed Report: The Rich Are Thriving, and Everyone Else Has Fallen Behind
- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
- CFPB Sues Corinthian Colleges for Alleged Predatory Lending
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Best and Worst US States for Credit
Here’s a question from Marisa
I have been trying to find a way to ask a very pressing question. I am searching for a safe, less painful way to best consolidate my credit card debt. I checked with a few companies like United Financial Systems and like Capital Debt Relief…… I am very hesitant. I checked with Rip-Off Report.com and they blasted these 2 companies and being true ripoffs. What can I do…… I am so disheartened and want to make my credit standing right again.
Here’s your answer, Marisa
First, congratulations on at least two fronts: first, for seeking help to make your credit right again. And second, for taking the time to investigate the people you chose to do it.
Now, as for an answer: because our stories are often pushed down the page as new ones arrive, it’s easy miss ones that might help. But we did a story not long ago that will really help with picking out the right credit counseling agency: Finding Help: Credit Counseling
I’ve been dealing with various credit counseling agencies in various capacities for nearly 20 years: that story will help you find the agencies I recommend.
And one last thing: so you won’t miss any of our stories in the future, subscibe to our newsletter!