- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Welcome to The Restless Project: This Is Why You Can’t Sleep at Night
- 5 Smart Money Moves First-Time College Students Should Make
- Store Credit Cards Are Now a Worse Deal Than They Were Before
- Get Free Access to Luxury Airport Lounges With Your Credit Card
- Should You Repair Your Own Credit?
- A Debt Collector Keeps Calling, But Says I Don’t Have to Pay!
- Ask Stacy: How Can I Get Credit Without Credit?
Here’s a question from Marisa
I have been trying to find a way to ask a very pressing question. I am searching for a safe, less painful way to best consolidate my credit card debt. I checked with a few companies like United Financial Systems and like Capital Debt Relief…… I am very hesitant. I checked with Rip-Off Report.com and they blasted these 2 companies and being true ripoffs. What can I do…… I am so disheartened and want to make my credit standing right again.
Here’s your answer, Marisa
First, congratulations on at least two fronts: first, for seeking help to make your credit right again. And second, for taking the time to investigate the people you chose to do it.
Now, as for an answer: because our stories are often pushed down the page as new ones arrive, it’s easy miss ones that might help. But we did a story not long ago that will really help with picking out the right credit counseling agency: Finding Help: Credit Counseling
I’ve been dealing with various credit counseling agencies in various capacities for nearly 20 years: that story will help you find the agencies I recommend.
And one last thing: so you won’t miss any of our stories in the future, subscibe to our newsletter!