- How Do Mistakes Get Removed From Your Credit Reports?
- Monthly Bills That Can’t Help Your Credit, But Can Hurt It
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- The Most Expensive Mortgage Mistakes You Can Make
Here’s a question from Marisa
I have been trying to find a way to ask a very pressing question. I am searching for a safe, less painful way to best consolidate my credit card debt. I checked with a few companies like United Financial Systems and like Capital Debt Relief…… I am very hesitant. I checked with Rip-Off Report.com and they blasted these 2 companies and being true ripoffs. What can I do…… I am so disheartened and want to make my credit standing right again.
Here’s your answer, Marisa
First, congratulations on at least two fronts: first, for seeking help to make your credit right again. And second, for taking the time to investigate the people you chose to do it.
Now, as for an answer: because our stories are often pushed down the page as new ones arrive, it’s easy miss ones that might help. But we did a story not long ago that will really help with picking out the right credit counseling agency: Finding Help: Credit Counseling
I’ve been dealing with various credit counseling agencies in various capacities for nearly 20 years: that story will help you find the agencies I recommend.
And one last thing: so you won’t miss any of our stories in the future, subscibe to our newsletter!