- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
The Occupy Wall Street Movement has to move some money around. “It has $435,000. Most of it came from online credit-card donations,” USA Today reports. “Handling the money, and figuring out what to do with it, could be one of the biggest challenges.”
If you think Facebook makes you stupid, it could be just the opposite. “People who have more Facebook friends have more gray matter in their brains,” Bloomberg reports. The surprise finding “may spur further research on the relationship between social networking and the mind.”
Fancy retailer Neiman Marcus always tries to hog the holiday-shopping spotlight with outrageously expensive gifts no one really needs. This year? “A $75,000 yurt for Christmas,” MSNBC reports. “A luxury version of the tent more associated with Mongol nomads.”
Can your new car tattle on you? “So-called event data recorders that function much like the ‘black boxes’ on airplanes, and which are now installed on virtually all new vehicles, can give investigators incriminating details about your driving behavior in the final seconds before a crash,” USA Today reports. “Some motorists – fearful of what they see as an invasion of privacy – aren’t too happy about that.”
When times are tough, men drown their sorrows in whiskey. But when times are really tough, the whiskey makers suffer too. That’s why Jim Beam is changing gears. “After 216 years of catering to guys’ guys — tattooed singer Kid Rock is a pitchman — the maker of the oak-aged bourbon is chasing women,” MSNBC reports.